About 8 years ago, Brian took a girl (not me, so sad for me) out on what he felt was the ultimate date. He dressed in his best torn jean jacket, tie dyed Van Halen t-shirt tucked into tight wrangler jeans he got at Savers, sweet high tops...you get the picture (I wish I had one actually). He also required that his date dress the part of the WT girlfriend. He then took her to a lovely meal at the Chuck-A-Rama. Since Monster Truck Rally wasn't in town, they had to settle for a hockey game. You can bet he was as loud and profane as he could be.
A couple years later we started to date. I didn't get to go on a dress up date, which is disappointing, but I did get to enjoy a few other fun ploys. The summer before we were going to be transferring from the Tech (UVSC) to the Coug (BYU), Brian decided to grow his hair out. He actually didn't cut it at all for about 6 months. Well, as many of you know that is a no no at BYU. So, my husband found a lovely loophole. While men can't have hair over their ears, they can have it to their collar. Do you see where this is going? He cut himself a fine looking mullet, complete with shaved steps on the side and all. It was so ugly that I couldn't look at him. That weekend my sister moved and he came to help, my niece cried. I also lucked out because I spoke in church that Sunday. He came to support me sporting his radical hair, I tried to act like I didn't know him.
I wish I had all the pics from this mullet, including Brian in a too tight, ripped off sleeves, "Don't Mess with Texas" shirt working on a car that is parked on his lawn - but alas I don't have them in digital form at this time. This picture is from another day when he cut a mullet.
Throughout the years, BA finds many ways he can bring out the WT within himself. He'll have a WT golf day with his buddies. Or he will move us to a house that has next door neighbors who put bathtubs in their trees.For more about the WT neighbors, go here.

In addition to the mullet, my hansome hubbie, loves to play with his facial hair. I am not a fan of facial hair both for the looks and the fact that it rips up my face when we kiss. Yuck. But I think the occasional beard or goatee is cute on him. What I can't handle is the mustache. A) because it looks like a dirty child molester and B) because he can't grow hair above his lip very well, it is all splotchy and gross.

Why do I bring all this up...because last night my husband shaved off a nicely trimed beard into a nasty mustache. Am I too shallow that I even care? Yes. I love my handsome husband in sickness and in health. I can deal with his funny fashion and hair choices that make him happy, including the the ebay purchased colored sweaters and cardigans that he loves to where to church. But, the stache is beyond sickness to me. Honey, if you want any lovin'...shave.
19 comments:
You are a crack up Alison! But I know how you feel, I finally got Rusty to shave his goatee after more than a year, and I am afraid he will use our trip to Powell as an excuse to start a new one... Hey, atleast your hubbie has enough hair to grow into a mullet! Ha! (Hopefully Rusty won't read this post...)Love it.
this made me laugh and laugh!
i remember the mullet story. Never got to see it in person, though!
(shave it, Brian-- it's not worth it!)
i got BA's text in a meeting today. the picture text of his new handlebar stash. good thing it wasn't an important meeting or i'd be fired. the fact that the pic is so low-budget adds to the WTness of it all. nice, BA.
and yes, at least your hubby still has as much hair as he does...steven shaved himself a nice mohawk but there was a big gap in it right at his crown....
Alison, that is so funny! I'm sure living in Eugene put all sorts of WT ideas in him.
Say "NO" to WT! I vote for him to shave it too.
Whoa, what's up with all the hatin?!
Ali - the way you gush over me is kind of embarrassing. I know you love the way my mustache tickles you when we kiss. You can't get enough.
This was quite the post! Very entertaining! Sounds like there's never a dull moment with your hubby! I definately agree about the facial hair. My husband always wants it but I so NO. It is the worst for kissing. And I totally am with you on the molestor (sp?) thing! I always tell him he will look creepy.
Alison...I love reading your hilarious blog. You always make me laugh. Your hubby is a crack up. I hear ya about the "splotchy" upper stache. Ry has the same issues.
That is hilarious! I wish Jared had a mullet! Okay not really but you have to find those pictures and scan them! I am not a fan of facial hair either. OUCH!
He was conceived in a double-wide. He is filled with WT DNA, so why fight it. I'm happy to hear that BA is comfortable with who he is.
I'm sorry Alison.
This is hilarious! I can't believe he sports a mullet and a stache. Love it! I am laughing...actually you guys would fit in just fine here in Texas. He sounds like he would blend in quite nicely at the Nascar races at the Texas Motor Speedway :) We have plenty of WT neighbors with "yard art". I can't help but think there is a little WT in all of us.
I don't find mustache's funny. They are ugly. I tell Seth when he grows his stache that it is funny like me growing out my arm pit hair is funny. Try that Alison, it always works.
You are so funny. I have been there for the mullet cutting and alot of BA's WT moments. I remember being bugged at him for embarrasing you at church that sunday... So funny. I completely agree that it is ok for there to be some things that are too far past one's blind love for a spouse. And nasty facial hair is definitely one of them.
I am still laughing you are so funny. Isn't there a little WT in all of us?
Kendee - embarrassing her? How do you think I felt when all my trailer trash friends saw me walking around with a prissy desert flower like Ali? I mean she doesn't even have any visible tatoos?!
I remember BA's mullet all too well. I remember him coming by the apartment after his first day at BYU with the mullet and telling us all about the looks he received. Classic!
I can't stop laughing! My hubby Sean is so ticked about some WT neighbors that just moved in down the street with a 1980 Suburban, spraypainted a nasty brown color with "WE HAUL IT" in brght orange hand painted on the side. It has a beat up, "trailor" if you can call it that, made out of an old (and I mean OLD) truck bed with wheels somehow attached to the bottom. We're not sure what they haul because it hasn't moved from the street since they moved in. The boys all have mullets and only wear dirty wife-beaters and torn up, bleached out levis. It's entertaining if nothing else! Love your posts, thanks for the laugh.
P.S. I'm not a fan of mustaches either! Yuck & Ouch.
I don't know what I could say that hasn't already been said. You know that I love my husband enough to become a big Ducks fan. It seems you love your husband enough to deal with the WT fashion faux pas.
In both cases, I think it speaks of how dang lucky our men are to have us.
Post a Comment