It does more than just sparkle and get caught when I try to put my hand in my pockets.
It has been a specialy part of me these last 5+ years.
It was there waiting to be picked up when the man of my dreams walked up to the saleswoman (who happened to be my sister) and said, "I don't care about the cost, give me her favorite."
It hid so secretly in a glove that beautiful winter night, waiting for me to discover it and see my honey get down on one knee.
It was there for me to stare at and flash to my roomates when I came home and should have been studying for finals.
It was there to enjoy as I eagerly awaited the time I would get to become his wife.
It was there as a gentle reminder to any flirty guy that this one was taken.
It was there on the BIG day to say you are forever HIS (or as he likes to say, he bought me with it, but that isn't as romantic).
It was unique and it was mine and it served as a beautiful reminder of the commitment I made to a man that loves me. And I can't find it right now and I want to cry.

It went MIA for about a month back in 2003, but was joyously found where my 3-year-old neice had stashed it in the closet. You would think I had learned my lesson. But here I am 4 years later missing my beautiful wedding ring. I think the latest toddler in the house might have done the same thing her cousin did back then and pulled it off my nightstand and placed it somewhere that only a 16-month- old would know. Oh, how I hope we can find it among the chaos that is my house right now. Maybe I should be looking for it instead of blogging about it. I am so distraught.
*UPDATE: Prayers answered, I
found it! Now let's pray I can be responsible and keep it safe and sound in the future. Sorry hun!
14 comments:
I am so sorry. You will find it while you pack. I loose my ring all the time. I just need to always wear it. I take it off at night. Seth finally bought me a jewelery box and I keep it in there at night. It has solved a lot of problems. Good Luck!
Oh that is hell! I've misplaced mine before too and you just want to cry your eyes out! I hope you find it.. Sounds cheesy but have you tried saying a prayer?
I'm sorry!
I was going to say, pray. My Mom lost her ring hundreds of times and would pray and immediatly know where it was. Until one day when she left it on the microwave and she was getting dinner ready. My Dad was bishop of the singles ward and they came over for FHE that night. She kept praying and everytime she knew that someone had stollen it. We looked forever and could never find it. But she knew that it had been stollen and she thought she knew who took it. How sad, you can't walk up and say give me my ring. Anyways, glad you found it.
I'm so glad you found it! The whole time reading that post until the end I was feeling so, so bad for you. Hooray for answered prayers!! Cade climbed up on my kitchen counter tonight and grabbed my wedding ring without me realizing it and I found him rolling around on my carpet looking at something on his fingers. I knew at once he had something he shouldn't because he was way too quiet with a mischievious look on his face. I felt so lucky that I had walked into the living room at that moment because who knows, he probably would have stuck it up his nose or flushed it down the toilet!
Alison I'm so glad you found it...last night I was feeling so bad for you! It just becomes a part of us, and like you wrote about, it reminds us of so much. Way to go...keep it safe!!
Yay! Seriously it hurts to even think about having your ring lost because it has happened to me too! I turned the entire house upside down (then FINALLY I said a prayer) then walked over to the pair of jeans I wore the night before in the laundry and wallah! So glad you found it...the power of prayer is amazing. The church is so stinkin true!!
Woo-hoo! I am so glad you found your ring! And it is a beautiful ring - it reminds me of both of my sisters' rings. What had you worn in the meantime?
That is a nightmare! Glad you said a prayer.....that always works!
Here's the bigger question... have you learned your lesson and bought some friggin' insurance yet? Melbo can attest that insurance for those things comes in handy.
I would be freaking out too! I actually went to look for my because our your post. Did you know you sister helped out with my ring too?
i have had my fair share of my wedding ring "MIA". i am not too good with it and seem to always stash it in a different spot. much to my luck - i lost my wedding band - about 6 months ago. luckly my ring is still on my finger... and hopefully i have learned my lesson! i guess we will have to wait and see???
Ahh! I'm so glad you found it! Packing would have been so miserable, I would have repacked every box 3 times to make sure the ring wasn't in there. I lost my ring a couple years ago (I had it in my jacket at work and I think a client stole it)and it was horrible. Good thing we had insurance though-after your first scare Marc insisted. I was able to get a replica but I still miss the original.
Happy Day! Whew. Now you can get on with life. Everything stops for me when I lose something. Where was it?
So glad you found it! Derek threw his first wedding ring away. In the trash...never got it back. But, boys rings are a little cheaper to replace.
Post a Comment