Friday, June 15, 2007

Gossip...

So, I went into the office today (next Friday is my last day to go in, woohoo!). I am mostly a hermit at work, particularly since they moved me into the new admin building (nice people, but all co-workers not so much friends). I work at home half the time so I am used to communicating with people through email and sort of keeping to myself. The lady that I sit by is an interesting one. Every once in a while we get into a conversation and despite the fact that I only nod or give yes and no answers I can't seem to get out of the conversation. It is only when the phone rings that I am spared. Saved by the bell has a whole new meaning to me.

Anyway, today was such a day only this woman wanted to go on an on about talking crap about a fellow co-worker. Now this co-worker was someone that I sat by for over a year and I thought she was nice and fun to talk to. I sort of do my own thing at work and while we (me, lady next to me and the one she was talking crap about) all are in the same department, I don't really work with these two women. So, as she is complaining about other girl and showing me email conversations and ect. I don't really know what she was talking about and I don't really care to be dragged into it. I try to make it a goal not to gossip too much and especially about something I don't care about. I just sat there acting like a listening ear - but irritated that she was putting my in the postition to listen to her gossip and bad mouthing.

Anyway, I don't like being in situations like that and while I tried to say some things to the other girls defense I really just wanted to stop talking all together so I basically just nodded and prayed for the phone to ring. I can't wait until I don't have to sit by this lady anymore.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I hate being put in situations like that. Especially when it's something you don't even care about. You're such a good person for trying not to gossip. I wish I were a little better at not being suckered into a good scoop. But sometimes I just can't resist. I need to work on that.. .

Summertime Designs said...

ANH - Give me your phone number, I'll call you all the time and then you won't have to worry about Gabby Gossip Girl!

The Scotts said...

Way to not gossip Als. I love that picture on Emery and am sorry that she is getting teeth. That is the worst! Good luck with moving!