Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just like her mommy...

Emery has her dad's eyes and hair and more - so every time I look at her I think she looks just like her daddy did when he was a baby. He was a dang cute baby (this is something he told me starting from our first date) so the fact that she looks like him is a good thing. But as a mom I want her to get somethings from me too. I gave birth to her so I know she's mine, but I want everyone else to know it too. Well, developments from the past week have shown that she has picked up one very distinct characteristic from me. She started walking on her tiptoes.

Now for those who haven't known me from my childhood, which is most of you... I walked on nothing but my tiptoes until (according to my mom, but I don't know if I believe it) I was 15. Some have said I occasionally still do. This is not something that I consciously did (or do) - but when people comment on the fact that you walk on your toes your whole life you start to believe them. I had a neighbor tell me when I was about 9 say that he never saw my heels touch the ground. So, now when I see Emery walking around on her toes, it makes me laugh. She looks pretty silly and it makes her even less stable than she already is as a new little toddler - but it makes me glow with a little bit of pride because she does take after her mommy afterall!

Here's a little video clip of me trying to show you what I am talking about.

14 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like you missed your calling as a ballerina huh?! Well maybe there is still hope for the Emers.

So cute!

Caryn said...

Oh, how cute, get her a little tutu and you are all set!

Alifinale said...

Tara, you are right. I blame my mother for not putting me in lessons. That and my lack of coordination.

Jaclyn said...

Ha ha! I have always walked on my tiptoes and I still do (although not as often as when I was a kid) My mom does and so does Anna! Who knew walking on tiptoes was a genetic thing.

Ilene said...

Too cute! Lucky your husband was a dang cute baby because Emery is so sweet and pretty!

My favorite part of the clip is your gracious "Thank you" and hand extension to each pebble Emery offered you. For whatever reason that cracked me up.

Brianne said...

I'm with you Ilene, that was my favorite part. Of course, Emery is just cute as can be, and I loved the tip toes, but little ones are so curious and sometimes being patient and gracious isn't as fun as the tiptoes. :) Too Cute!!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i love how she walked, paused, then turned before walking in another direction. she looked like a little robot. cuteness.

The Farnsworth Family said...

Okay that is SO you :) Isn't it funny the things our kids pick up (good and bad)? If she keeps it up she will have awesome legs like her mommy :)

Jill said...

That video was so cute. She is getting so big! You really should put her in dance, she would be the cutest little ballerina.

Melanie said...

So cute! She is darling. I used to do the same thing and earned the name "Twinkle Toes" from my parents. I don't think I did it till I was 14 though. You must have awesome calves!

The Scotts said...

Okay weird, I did comment yesterday but it isn't on here. I love that she walks on her toes. That is so you! Jake sometimes does and we tell him that only girls do it. But it is actually funny because he will run super fast on his toes! She is so cute and at a fun age.

Summertime Designs said...

ANH, I think I got to know you AFTER you turned 15 when your tip-toeing adventures supposedly came to a halt, but I think I remember noticing a bounce in your step (then again, maybe I am just picturing you in that crazy cheerleading music video that Shanon has of all of you!) Did you notice that when she is on her toes that she walks faster then when she moves to her heels? I will have to try that! Yeah, and my Brock would have been shoving those rocks in his mouth so you have her well trained!

King Family said...

What a little lady.

Chelsea said...

You walked on your toes until you were 15?!? Glad you have a way to prove Emery is indeed yours. I think her cute clothing style screams you as well, but that is probably because you dress her.