I couldn't resist when I saw this. Elizabeth is my favorite so I couldn't be happier. (I took the quiz twice to try to avoid cheating and just putting the answers that make me think of her...but both times I was her).
I was Eleanor. Yes, I took the quiz even though I can't stand the stuff...but I will admit that Eleanor was the one I liked best when i did watch. Weird! I had no way to cheat because I didn't know her name till I saw the picture at the end.
I saw the trailer for my next favorite movie! It's called Becoming Jane, and it's about Jane Austen. It stars Anne Hathaway and just watching the trailer gave me goosebumps and I even got a little misty eyed! I say if just one minute affects me like that it is sure to be a pretty darn good movie!
Oh no! I ended up being Eleanor Dashwood. She would be the one I would NOT want to be! In Sense & Sensibility I always thought of her as the older sister who was just too old and wise and boring. Maybe that's what has become of me!
eleanor is NOT old and boring, she's just so above the rest of them that SHE IS BORED WITH THEM! come one! give yourself some credit, driggs! this test finally confirmed what you already knew about yourself-you are totally better than everyone else and can't be bothered with the mundane and trivial things of society! but hey, looks like we did a little better than her and found our men BEFORE we turned 40...you can't blame her for being a little bitter...
Very proud, Liz. I knew you'd come around someday. Summer, she is right, you are far from old & boring.
Destiny, I watched the trailer and it got me very excited. I am just nervous about it because I know in real life she didn't have a very happy ending and never married. I just love happy endings...I hope they fudge the story and make it happy.
Of course I was Elizabeth Bennett too! Since I have the entire Jane Austen library memorized (and all versions of the movies), I could easily see which were "Lizzy" answers so of course I picked them, even if they aren't necessarily me. I just couldn't take the chance of NOT being Elizabeth :)
I'm with you on the Becoming Jane movie. Of course I will see it but it will be interesting to see how they spin it. Of course I want a happy ending but the Austenite that I am doesn't want her story to be too screwed up lest people believe the movie is actually based on truth. Either way, it looks beautiful.
Oh, you should Netflix the "Emma" version with Kate Beckinsale (sp?). It is good although Knightly is bald and a bit ugly. Kate is adorable and they play up a different part of the book than the Gwenyth Paltrow version.
Whew, I am a great commentor when Jane Austen is involved, huh?
This was funny! I too am Lizzy. I LOVE her so I am happy! I didn't take it twice just incase I was wrong the first time:) I didn't want to end up as someone else! he he
I was Lizzy too...I also took it twice to make sure. I took it awhile ago and I was Elinor Dashwood. Who knows...as long as I am not Kitty I am happy with that.
I want to be Lizzy! I was Anne (I think) from Persuasion. I need to read that book. P.S. Ilene you cheated. You have to answer the way you actually are!
I have a wonderful little family that I adore. Living in Las Vegas with my lawyer hubbie and funny little toddler and new baby. We are enjoying the weather and living closer to family. I am a TV and blogging addict and love to connect with old and new friends!
16 comments:
I was Eleanor. Yes, I took the quiz even though I can't stand the stuff...but I will admit that Eleanor was the one I liked best when i did watch. Weird! I had no way to cheat because I didn't know her name till I saw the picture at the end.
I saw the trailer for my next favorite movie! It's called Becoming Jane, and it's about Jane Austen. It stars Anne Hathaway and just watching the trailer gave me goosebumps and I even got a little misty eyed! I say if just one minute affects me like that it is sure to be a pretty darn good movie!
I have no idea who they are but I love that you took it twice. That is something I would think to do!
Oh no! I ended up being Eleanor Dashwood. She would be the one I would NOT want to be! In Sense & Sensibility I always thought of her as the older sister who was just too old and wise and boring. Maybe that's what has become of me!
eleanor is NOT old and boring, she's just so above the rest of them that SHE IS BORED WITH THEM! come one! give yourself some credit, driggs! this test finally confirmed what you already knew about yourself-you are totally better than everyone else and can't be bothered with the mundane and trivial things of society! but hey, looks like we did a little better than her and found our men BEFORE we turned 40...you can't blame her for being a little bitter...
look at me defending a jane austen character-are you so totally proud of me, ali?
Very proud, Liz. I knew you'd come around someday. Summer, she is right, you are far from old & boring.
Destiny, I watched the trailer and it got me very excited. I am just nervous about it because I know in real life she didn't have a very happy ending and never married. I just love happy endings...I hope they fudge the story and make it happy.
Of course I was Elizabeth Bennett too! Since I have the entire Jane Austen library memorized (and all versions of the movies), I could easily see which were "Lizzy" answers so of course I picked them, even if they aren't necessarily me. I just couldn't take the chance of NOT being Elizabeth :)
I'm with you on the Becoming Jane movie. Of course I will see it but it will be interesting to see how they spin it. Of course I want a happy ending but the Austenite that I am doesn't want her story to be too screwed up lest people believe the movie is actually based on truth. Either way, it looks beautiful.
Oh, you should Netflix the "Emma" version with Kate Beckinsale (sp?). It is good although Knightly is bald and a bit ugly. Kate is adorable and they play up a different part of the book than the Gwenyth Paltrow version.
Whew, I am a great commentor when Jane Austen is involved, huh?
This was funny! I too am Lizzy. I LOVE her so I am happy! I didn't take it twice just incase I was wrong the first time:) I didn't want to end up as someone else! he he
Weird, it said I was Mr. Collins, you sure are a lucky girl Al.
NOOOOOO!!!
The fact that BA knows who Mr. Collins is speaks volumes if you ask me.
By the way I was Eleanor. Not sure what that means!
Emma. I wanted the outcome to be Elizabeth but knew in my heart it wouldn't happen.
I was Lizzy too...I also took it twice to make sure. I took it awhile ago and I was Elinor Dashwood. Who knows...as long as I am not Kitty I am happy with that.
I want to be Lizzy! I was Anne (I think) from Persuasion. I need to read that book. P.S. Ilene you cheated. You have to answer the way you actually are!
Emma. What is she like? I haven't seen any of her movies or read her books. But I have a feeling I am missing out.
Post a Comment