Thursday, June 07, 2007

Highlights of my day

8am-ish: Emery is giggling in her bed or making cute nonsensical sounds. I throw open the door because I can't wait to give her kisses. 10am: Put Emery in her crib, give her a paci and her blankie and tell her it's time for a little nappy. Ah...so nice and quite.12pm-ish: Emery is banging on the wall and I can't wait to get her because while the last 2 hours have been nice and quiet, I missed her.

2pm: Time for another little nap. Sleep tight, I love you...phew. I love this feeling of quiet freedom.4pm (give or take 30 min): Wake up, wake up you sleepy head. Time to play with me!

Is it so wrong that the best parts of my day revolve around naps? I live for the times that I can put her down and get a break - then I am anxious for her to wake up so that I can hug her and play with her some more. She still takes two naps and I love it...I am scared for the transition into one. Any advice on that would be welcome. Oh, naptime is a sacred time.

21 comments:

Mandee said...

It is a sacred time. I love it. Occasionally all 3 of my boys take a late afternoon nap at the same time. And that is a highly sacred time.

I recognize that crib bedding! So cute!

McCall said...

i think we all LOVE naptimes. it gives us a break and time to re-gather ourselves again. when the second nap is dropped it is soooo sad, but we deal with it?!?

thanks for the great book recommendations, i will have to read them.

Emily said...

Nap times are so great...it's true! I love th rainbow shorts! She is SO dang cute! I MUST see you girls when I come to visit!

The Scotts said...

She is adorable and so is her room. I love getting Jake out of his crib just as much as I love puting him in it! Abby took 2 naps until she was 2. Jake stopped at like 9 or 10 months but I also helped him stop so that he would take a nap when Abby did. I need a break!

Emily S. said...

so sweetly written that it makes me even more excited to get one of my own. Nice, honest, loving post!

King Family said...

Did you make her bedding? It is adorable. I made a quilt with the bumper fabric. Crazy. I love naps as well.

Caryn said...

I literally cried when braden stopped napping. I think naps should be called mom's sanity time. I love when big B is at school and little B naps, cause usually I will too (I LOVE MY PILLOW). I love her bedding too, cute cute cute.

Summertime Designs said...

ANH! I think everyone's best parts of the day revolves around naps! Only in my case, when I hear my little ones wake up, I am thinking, "Please go back to sleep...please go back to sleep!" (But of course I love them to death!)

Summertime Designs said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you how cute those pictures are of Emery. She is soooo cute! And I LOVE that bedding! I also love her rainbow shorts. I gotta get me some of those!

tawni said...

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment on the blog. I love when I see new faces stopping in. Your daughter is a beauty. Be thankful she sleeps two hours twice a day. My little booger sleeps 45 minutes twice a day. She is finally starting to sleep a little longer now that she hit 9 months. Nap time is so sacred. Its my time to to blog and clean! I liked her shorts that she was wearing in her crib. Gotta love target!! Sofia has the same ones! I put your blog in my feeds, so I will be checking everytime you update! I really like it a lot. Nice to meet you...

The Farnsworth Family said...

Emery is such a doll. I LOVE sleeping baby pictures. They are so sweet. Cute bedding BTW. Naptime is the best. But I am with you, I can't wait to run in and get the stinkers out of bed and give them hugs. Austin grew out of naps at around 4. Chase and Blake still take them. I am a better mom after a few hour break from diapers, entertaining, time outs and cleanups.

Jaclyn said...

I'm digging the Rainbow Brite shorts--totally awesome. Thank goodness for naptime, and the transition for us was a bit bumply. However, I finally found that magical time (12:30) and now she takes one 3-4 hour long nap every day. What a champ!

Birchall Family said...

When I combined the two naps into one, Austin just thought he should sleep the same, just all at once. So sometimes he sleeps for like 3 1/2 to 4 hours. So sometimes one is not such a bad thing. I like it because I am not a slave to two naps, just one long one, then time to play again. BTW, she is so cute, don't you love "binky babies". Ty loves his and it saves me!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

dude...you guys have got to see nash. he and emery are definitely cousins...the second two pics look so much like him! it's something about their mouths and chins...so cute.

Alifinale said...

No, I didn't make the bedding - but I am thinking I need to make some because this hand-me-down bedding from my sister is ripping at some seams so Emery pulls out all the stuffing. I love the rainbow shorts, Target is the best!

Emily S. I am so excited for you to have one of your own. You will be an awesome mom and it is so fun.

Liz, I need to see Nash. I miss him and he is so the cutest in every pic.

Ami Bethea said...

You're such a cute Mom! I love watching sleeping babies. They look SO sweet and any problems or frustration from the day just melts away. Naptime is a necessity for me, especially being in school because that is my homework/study time. I wish I had 2 naps every day to work with, I don't even remember that!

Birchall Family said...

Hey I ment to ask you, how are the reunion plans coming along? Have you gotten a good response? I would love to hear the latest, maybe put up a post on teh toro blog on what is going on...good job!

Tara said...

So stinkin precious!!

Rachie said...

I am like every other mom who loves a good long nap. Sometimes they will both sleep a whole 3 hours together. It is heaven!

We are finally at one nap a day. We were taking 2 naps up to about a month ago...but 1 nap seems to work much better for me. We will go out and run errands or take a walk in the morning. I feed them lunch and put them down for a nap. Sometimes their naps start at 11 am or 1 pm...just depends on how tired they are. You will have to play it by ear when it comes to transitioning to 1 nap a day. Best of Luck!

Rachel said...

Alison, she is beautiful..and her room is darling. Nap time is such a blessing!! Then when they transition to one, it is a big fat super long one! That is always nice too!

Anonymous said...

I would love to molesther right in her crib, give her something nicer to suck, I find it so hot doing them still in the crib