Sunday, June 03, 2007

Best news of the day

After living in a city without many of my favorite restaurants I was getting excited to move to Las Vegas where there are a lot of fun places to eat. Going out to eat is one of my all-time favorite things to do. I love fun restaurants and good food. I was so excited when Cheesecake Factory opened in Portland, even though it was still 2 hours away. Well, Las Vegas has 3 Cheesecake Factories and a lot of other fantastic places that I haven't even learned about yet, but...I was sad that there wasn't a Cafe Rio there. O-well, I thought, we will go up to Utah and be able to eat it there. But I was still very upset. Fortunately, I have a husband that is addicted to surfing the web (that is the 1st time I have ever been happy about this fact) and he found this. Note on the right: Coming soon to Las Vegas! YES!!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

Awesome! I love going out to eat, too. And I love Cafe Rio! Sadly, there is not a Cafe Rio even close to where I live. In fact, you're pretty hard-pressed to find any good Mexican anywhere in New England at all, so we always eat Mexican when we go out to eat when we visit Utah.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

alright! just don't get too excited, because for the first few months the lines will be nuts. maybe even the first few years....you could probally drive up to st. george and back in the time you might wait in line at the vegas location in the first few weeks!

destiny said...

Oh yeah baby! I have been counting down the days! We are going to be there on Thursday to be the very first ones to eat there. The great thing about it is that it's really close to our house!

King Family said...

What you think about you bring about :)

Marc said...

The Cheesecake Factory always stirs up Washington Seminar memories for me. Looks like you're still a nut for it.

Tara said...

I'm so jealous that next year you will be enjoying delicious Cafe Rio burritos and salads while I'll still be here deciding between Red Robin and Taco Del Mar. Damn you! :)

Rachie said...

I am green with envy...

Ilene said...

Fun stuff! I am sad to be leaving Oregon when a Claim Jumper is finally opening up in Portland. Claim Jumper is a family favorite from So Cal.

What I really envy is the In-N-Out of yours in Las Vegas. Cafe Rio schmio. Give me a nice animal style cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake, please.

You are going to have lots of places to eat in Las Vegas. You can even watch half-dressed ladies in feather hats while you eat. I don't think Spokane has anything that compares. There is a Hooters, though. I hear they have great wings.

Emily S. said...

when do you actually get to Vegas? My hubby was raised in Vegas, so he has all kids of connections to that crazy town! We'll even be there in July!