Thursday, February 07, 2008

Brian's Birthday Weekend Recap

We don't believe in just one special day when it comes to Birthdays...it usually spans for about a week where the birthday person can milk it and get out of chores, doing dishes, and pretty much get special treatment as long as possible. While I tried to be nice to BA all week long, the weekend was really his (except for my Sat vacuum surprise).

Friday night we went to PF Changs with some friends. This is one of Brian's all time favorites and we hadn't been there since we moved to Vegas so it was a lot of fun and tasted extra delish.

Then on Saturday, not only did he not have to do any chores, he got to watch whatever sports he wanted to, and lay around in his sweats all day. Brian shares the same birthday with one of his long time pals and they came down from St. George to celebrate with us. We hired a babysitter for the 2nd time in Emery's existence (a huge perk in being called to serve with YW) and hit the strip.

We ate at the Grand Lux Cafe, which was delicious. It was really nice since we ran into an old manager of mine from Macaroni Grill that now managed the Grand Lux. He was super nice and comped mine & Brian's meals. Then we walked down the strip and enjoyed all its wonder - lights, traffic, drunks, smokers, porn passers. We went to my favorite, the Bellagio Conservatory and fountain.
Our friends decided that partying with us was way more fun than driving back home, so they stayed the night. We had so much fun, so thanks for coming Shy & Lis!

Then Sunday came...not only was it Brian's actual birthday but also Super Bowl Sunday. We got to party it on with some friends and watch the game (commercials for me) on a fancy TV. Here are some pics from our good times there.
The Food










I seriously gained like 4 pounds in this one day, but I was so excited about all the yummy food I just went a little crazy.






The Party People
If these 2 pictures don't sum up Super Bowl Party, I don't know what does. Girls all together chatting, boys sprawled and lazy watchin' the game.

Well, it was a fun weekend. Best Birthday Ever? Brian should probably be saying YES!

10 comments:

King Family said...

What a fun weekend you are a good wife to let him skip out on chores AND allow all day sports watching. Super Bowl parties are the best. How fun to see you guys hanging with Sarah and Micah P. They are good friends of ours as well.

Emily said...

Sounds like he was pretty spoiled! Looks like good times.

I am a big fan of birthdays too, so I'm glad that he got lots of time to be treated well.

It's always fun to have friends come into town, so I'm glad you guys got to go out. Super cute pic in front of the fountains!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

What a fun b-day week for Brian. I love the picture of you two at the Bellagio.
I loved the super bowl commercials...I thought they were pretty funny this year. Did u make that cake for Brian? You are so talented!

Christi said...

I am glad that he had a fun Birthday weekend. That is cool that you had friends from out of town come down! We had fun celebrating with you guys at the Super Bowl!

Chelsea said...

Glad you are still sporting the Oregon sweatshirt and haven't completely forgotten a out us.

Lizzy said...

I know you were saying it was Brian's birthday weekend, but it must of been your weekend too because you are looking extra cute pregnant! I just can't believe how unfair it is that you can look so gorgeous being pregnant (and not pregnant too, of course).

Sounds like it was a fun weekend! That guy in the picture holding his shirt up is funny...

Emily S. said...

fun times!! What manager, if I may ask? You know I'll know him!
:)

Kendee said...

Looks fun, Happy late B-day BriBri.

Ilene said...

Wow, quite a birthday. I see my 30th birthday right now... hot and boring (it's in August). I gotta get myself to Las Vegas. It may be hot but not boring. And there is an In-N-Out there too.

d feist said...

Grand Lux is my FAVORITE restaurant in Vegas. We always eat there when we are in town. They just finished one in Scottsdale too! Have you tried the banana chocolate chip bread pudding? So good. Congrats on the new pregnancy!