Saturday, May 19, 2007

Here's the latest

First, our house has a Sale Pending sign in front of it! YAY!! It is very nerve racking selling a house especially when your realtor says that suddenly the market is getting saturated and there are enough houses on the market to last 5 months. We don't have 5 months! So, while the showings slowed down and we were nervously biting our finger nails and waiting anxiously...we got an offer. Now, I don't want to jinx anything because we still have to go through inspections and we know there will be things to fix. It is just a matter of how much and if it will scare off our little buyer. Please don't be scared...

Second bit of news is about work. Apparantly, they really like me because the HR director approached me a couple weeks ago and asked if I wanted to still work for them from home in Vegas. Yes, please. At first I thought he was joking, but we had a meeting about it this week and it looks like it is a go. I know, I know I have looked forward to not having to work (out of the home, I know being a mom is work) for, well, all my life. But, Brian isn't going to be a real lawyer for another year (no offense, hun) and our list of wants has been piling high these last 3 years. I was thinking about getting a small part time job in Vegas for just some extra spending money, you know so I could afford Tivo (my life long dream). Well, now that my work loves me so much I won't have to give up all my Saturdays to sell jeans at the Gap and can work at home while Emery naps. I did drive a hard bargain and said I only wanted to work 15-20 hours a week. So, happy day! It is nice to know that I am appreciated at work.

That is the latest in our family, besides Emers has an ear infection. It is good to know she didn't turn into a crying fusshead for no reason. Poll for mothers: Do your kids get ear infections often? This is Emery's 3rd in her life and the last one was just 2 months ago. It is so hard to tell because she doesn't get fevered and she always plays with her ears (it is what she does when she is tired). Anyway, just curious.

17 comments:

Emily said...

Wow...needless to say I am WAY jealous. Not of the ear infection, but of you getting to work from home! That is such a nice set up, and awesome for you to know that your work loves you that much. Congrats! Good luck with the house, we'll cross our fingers!

The Farnsworth Family said...

What great news!! I hope all goes well with the house. When it is right...it is right :) Congrats with your job too. Who wouldn't love ya? I am glad you were irresistible enough not to let go. I have a few friends that work from home and it works out wonderfully!
Sorry about Emers ear infections. They are a big pain in the rear. Stick with good ol' mother's intuition on that one. It gets a little easier to tell the clues of one the more each child has. Feel better Emery!!

Brooke said...

Ella had to finally get tubes because she got ear infections SOOOOO much! Thanks goodness for those tubes! You sound like things are working out really well....hope it continues!

Ami Bethea said...

Sound like you had a big week Ali! Good luck with the house, that's great about your job, and bummer about Emery. Usually kids get fewer ear infections as they get older, tapering off around age 1-1 1/2. It could just be yucky bugs going around giving her a runny nose, which can pretty simply cause an infection. Usually the bugs go away for the summer so you should be in the homestretch. Poor baby, hope she feels better soon.

Summertime Designs said...

ANH!!!! What a great deal to be able to stay with the company when you move to Vegas! That will be so great to be at home with Emery and still be able to make a little dough (and I don't mean bread dough).

As far as the ear infections, Brock gets them any time he catches a cold - and he's had lots of colds. He's only 19 months old right now, and I hope he grows out of it as he gets older. Sorry that your little gal is getting them at age 3; that's a bummer (is she in swimming? Caitlynn used to get swimmer's ear when she took lessons).

Summertime Designs said...

Oh, and I meant to sign off as "SND"...sorry I forgot!

-SND

Summertime Designs said...

Hey, you are now ANA! I was lucky to marry someone who still kept the "D"!

The Scotts said...

Congrats on the job! That is awesome. And congrats on the house. I know that was a HUGE relief when ours got an offer. Jake gets an ear infection almost everytime he has a cold. Which is more than 3 time! He just had one last week and we just finished all the medicine. Oh how we love medicine.

Lizzy said...

Alison, that's so exciting! All of it! Good news... Good luck with the sale pending!

Jaclyn said...

Congrats on your job! I would love to do something from home. We just finished our first negotiation on a house and it was nerve racking. I bet selling it is that much worse. I hope everything goes through.

Marc said...

"Brian isn't going to be a real lawyer for another year"

Ouch...

The Thompson's said...

That's great that it happened so fast! Good luck with it all! I wouldn't worry too much about the ear infections unless your pediatrician says something. Rylee had a bunch her first year too and it seemed as if I was in there all the time! What a great set up to be able to work from home. It's always a plus to be able to make extra cash and to be able to stay home with your kids!

Rachie said...

Congrats on the house...I am crossing my fingers and toes for you!

Congrats on the job...it is so nice to work from home. I work from home and I always think about quitting, but it is such a flexible job.

Sorry about the ear infection. Ethan had 3 the first 16 months of his life...now he has been ear infection free (knock on wood). Whenever he gets a cold, I always make sure his nose is cleaned out with that blue suction thing and I spray saline solution in it too. It has seemed to help. I also think he is getting older and his body is maturing. Good luck with Emers!

Tara said...

Well not a mom yet but my Mom did tell me that I used to get ear infections as a baby like you wouldn't believe. And look how great I turned out! :)

I'm so excited about your house! What a stress of your shoulders. and very nice about your job. That is good times all around.

King Family said...

Exciting for you guys! We close on our house in a week and a half. We are super excited but the whole process is just a great big bunch of stress. Working from home will be great.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

yay! deb told us that things were going well with the house. sooo lucky for you. owning is totally awesome in most regards, but being tied into something is a bit scarey. especially when it's time to sell, huh? i'm not looking forward to that.

and that's so exciting about the job...i hope and pray, though, that when we move away my employer WON'T ask me to keep working! cause i won't be able to say no and i'm getting beyond burnt out!

no ear infections yet! cross our fingers...

Melanie said...

Congratulations! Working from home will be so great. Also good luck on the home sale. It can be nerve racking, but it all miraculously works out in the end.